New Year's Resolution
Another year has passed and time has flown by so quickly. It was a pretty rough year and instead of dwelling on the negatives. I wanted to start fresh by making a list of my dreams for this, almost like a New Year’s Resolution.
So here are my top few resolutions, that I want to achieve:
- Become more interactive and socialise within the software development community. How am I going to do this? Well, my aim is to attend at least 2 development conferences, go to SSDC on a regular basis and organise a new free DDDWales event. Also want to attend SwanseaCon again, such a good local conference.
- Finally move into my new home. We are currently in progress of building it and had a few setbacks but no more. I am going to work hard and tackle any challenges head on so I can spend Christmas in my new home.
- Blog on a regular basis, aim for at least one post a month and once I get better move onto a few more. By the end, I want a minimum of 12 posts but aim for 30.
- Move from Junior to Mid Front-end Developer in my current role at Vizolution.
- Learn automation testing. It is a topic I have never learnt but always found intriguing so I definitely want to spend some time in this area.
- Learn a song on the violin. I had a violin bought for me a few years ago and still haven’t had the time to start, but this year I will.
I believe it is always important to write down dreams and goals to aim for, otherwise you become stale and stagnant. So shoot for the stars and now I ask you an important question:
What’s your New Year’s resolutions going to be?
Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it. Or learn from it - Rafiki